Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 8, 2010: Dear And The Headlights
















Artist: Dear And The Headlights
Album: Small Steps, Heavy Hooves
Year: 2007

This is one of the most clever albums I've ever heard. Both musically, emotionally, and lyrically, Dear And The Headlights take you for an absolute ride that's worth repeating. Lead singer Ian Metzger is a brilliant lyricist, both sharply intelligent and immediately relatable; there is not a song on this album that doesn't belong. Highlight "Skinned Knees And Gapped Teeth", a song about adolescence and stories about him and his older brother is a particular gem with this gem of a lyric: "remember how I swore I would pass you up in age / you just scoffed at me / well I'm still gonna do it / just haven't quite figured out how yet". I can't really write anything here to do this album justice, other than heavily recommend you go out and get it for yourself.

Hear it for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ4BtNWzCU8

Tomorrow will be another album. Surprising, right?

1 comment:

  1. I need to get this album. I only have "Drunk Like Bible Times" :)

    ReplyDelete