Friday, May 21, 2010

May 21, 2010: The Creeps
















Artist: The Creeps
Album: Lakeside Cabin
Year: 2008

Oh, punk! It's so good to see you again! Lakeside Cabin is in some ways a throwback to those classic dark-punk acts (later Ramones, The Misfits, early AFI) but I'd liken them to a muddier Goddammit-era Alkaline Trio. Pulsing power chords, deep-throated yell-singing lyrics about violence and romance, all with the tongue firmly placed inside the cheek. Not much more to say about this; it is exactly what it is and pretends to be nothing more, and I praise it for it's authenticity. Also, I'd really like to put on some From Here To Infirmary right about now. Key tracks: "All The Way Home", "Voices (Again And Again)".

Hear it for yourself: http://www.myspace.com/capitalcitycreeps
["All The Way Home"]

Tomorrow? "From Here To Infirmary". I mean, I can do that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment