Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How The Tables Have Turned!

This whole experiment I have undertaken was actually inspired by my brother Adam, who is doing a very interesting movie challenge with his wife Kimberly and blogged so:

http://kimandadamsmoviechallenge.blogspot.com/

So I called him to tell him about my idea, and he threw me a curve ball when I started talking about taking recommendations. He and Kim wanted a day, a day to choose what album I listened to. Brilliant, I thought! Wouldn't it be boring to follow a man simply adding albums he liked one-by-one to his music library? I realized that I was doing it all wrong. I had the wrong tone. I extended this invitation to my parents, and to my close friends and fellow music loving twins, Laura and Beth. In fact, I worked out a schedule as such:

Monday: Reserved for albums I haven't heard before. Will heavily consider blogger recommendations here, as well.

Tuesday: Reserved for Adam and Kim. Should certainly be an entertaining day, as they have pre-picked their first week selection: Ace of Base's "The Sign". Yep.

Wednesday: Reserved for Laura and Beth. Laura will finally make me listen to Thrice, and with Beth onboard I at least know I won't have to manually pick "Deja Entendu".

Thursday: Reserved for my parents. Should also be interesting, as I can expect music from anywhere between 1963 and 2010.

Friday: Reserved for Brian and possibly David, depending on whether or not he still listens to music that doesn't involve people talking about computers.

Weekends are free choice. Because, let's face it: I'm probably going to need it.

So, I'm currently going through another nostalgia run of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' "Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!". You'll be sure to hear about it tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I totally call Friday! (Does Dave even listen to music anymore? I think we lost him to podcasts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard! I'll need your/possibly David's picks on Thursday nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I doing album or singles? If album... I already have it picked ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd prefer albums or EPs, but I will take singles if they've never been released on an album.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, then yeah, I pre-pick for next week:

    Does it Offend You, Yeah?'s "You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet pick. Always meant to pick that one up as is.

    ReplyDelete