Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 29, 2010: Ted Leo And The Pharmacists
















Artist: Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
Album: The Brutalist Bricks
Year: 2010

---

Decided to start this thing off with something recent and something I haven't heard before. Ted Leo has always been that guy I've always meant to listen to but never got around to, and since we're all about new beginnings why not leap right into it? So I did just that, and I have no shame in saying this is the first album added to my new music collection. I've listened to this album about three times so far and found it quite enjoyable; Leo's songwriting contains the slyness and intellect that I value in music so much. "The Mighty Sparrow" is one of the best openers to an album I've heard in awhile, showing the mix of socially-conscious indie punk and clever powerpop that Leo is so well known for. "Bottled In Cork" is a stand-out and I highly recommend taking a listen to it if you haven't heard his music before.

Hear it for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoOZn3x7Smk

So far, so good. I'm getting ready for tomorrow's album, which is a doozy. This is an album I already owned, and one of the ones I miss the most: "Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Yes, I'm continuing the trend of guys with a name and band moniker format, as well as artists that have been around for some time. Check in for some crazy schizo post-punk done by the master himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment